Sunday, October 17, 2010

An Epic Weekend of Lithic Proportions...

Okay, So I have not posted in a while... no need to scorn... I can lecture myself about my inconsistency. Thank you very much!

So the past few days have been busy and awesome! I went on an ice cream date on Thursday the lasted four and a half hours.... so ice cream and talking.....

Friday there was a game night at Michelle's grandmother's house. We played Kelly rummy, of course, not playing that specific game is borderline blasphemy when considering our environment and company.Plus I think that is what her grandma looks forward to the most. We also played boxers or briefs, which is hilarious. The game was fun, but with the right people it could rise to the level of lithicness!

After the game night was over, Lynnae, Me, and Andrew hooked up my laptop to Andrew's car's sound system and watched the Disney version of Three Musketeers, which Lynnae and I can quote almost completely. I did not go to bed until four in the morning. I was supposed to wake up before nine to go to Sister Scott's house in the morning. I slept in, but I made it. When Christina knocked on the door, I scrambled to get ready and left before I could even brush my teeth... gross, right?
At Sister Scott's house we made the birthday cards for the Relief Society birthdays from August through the end of November. They were WAY cute!

I then proceeded to go home, shower, and watch the extended version of Two Towers with Lynnae. (P.S. Smeagol is creepy, but adorable... like a gremlin) Somehow I missed a call from Andrew... who through a message made fun of my redneck accent that is apparently obvious on my voice mail. I returned the call with  a message saying "Tag, Your it!"

As it turned out, Andrew was calling in the Cafe Rio that I owed him ( He completely tricked me into betting him Cafe Rio during a card trick... which was stupid of me to fall for, and sly of him to use). So to Cafe Rio we went....

You  see, I have wonderful taste.... in both food and clothing. Lynnae can attest to the clothing portion, seeing as she has been coming in and out of the living room asking me to pick her skirt and shoes for her Sunday outfit. She looks wonderful, of course, she always does.
Anywho, at Cafe Rio I ordered my regular pork burrito with black beans and mild sauce, cooked enchilada style. YUM!!!! Andrew proceeded to order the same thing..... copycat.....

After Cafe Rio we went country dancing. I love to dance, but I had never gone country swing dancing, which apparently I am not horrible at. During the course of the night was was flung around at mach speeds, while spinning, and somehow miraculously no getting overly dizzy or nauseous. Andrew and I probably looked like we knew what we were doing, considering that over the course of the night I would jump and be flipped around his body, or hanging upside down from his shoulder as he spun in circles. I can't wait to go again.

After dancing we got shakes, to cool off, and  went to his apartment to choose a movie. At his apartment were three girls and his financially successful roommate, all watching a movie. They suggested Sahara, at which I stated that I thought Matthew Maconahay was gay, couldn't act, and was only famous because he repeatedly took off his shirt. At that comment everyone in the room was open mouthed with shock, and one female exclaimed that she was personally offended at that remark. Their reactions= priceless!
After leaving the apartment, I informed Andrew that I, in fact, do enjoy Matthew Maconahay movies, and  that I really do consider him to be a good actor, regardless of whether he is shirtless or fully clothed. Apparently it is rude to mess with the fragile emotions of adolescent college aged girls... but somehow it leaves me feeling fulfilled.

By the time I arrived home after this epic night, it was two in the morning. These late night outings are not conducive to waking up on time. Once again I woke up late, scrambling to dress myself in the appropriate attire while my visiting teaching companion waited in the living room. Visiting teaching was completed. The girls I teach are adorable, and I think I shall enjoy my assignments this semester.

Now I am home, ready for church, finished with cutting the love note papers to their appropriate size... for the most part... my measurement skills are not exactly up to par at the moment. And I am finally updating my blog, which was necessary considering the length of this post, despite how briefly I described the events of the past few days.

I would just like to add that I miss talking to my friend Kristopher Lange, with whom I have not conversed since Tuesday. And that, now, I must end for I need to call my mother and update her on these recent events. I predict that his phone call will be slightly extended in length.

Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to share your opinion... however I can't promise that I will actually care about it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, Some people just shouldn't share theirs.