Sunday, October 3, 2010

Teenage Mother

He saw her once, and later twice
So different from the others
Her beauty held him in a thrall
That was my teenage mother

The time it flew,they thought they knew
much better than their mothers
They prematurely proved their love
The world, theirs to discover

A season passed, and life did too
The earth, the snow did cover
The young girl cried beneath a tree
Too young to be a mother

The baby came, and time flew by
A boy, my older brother
Change separated the couple's path
Away, this took my mother

Yet on her own, forgot, alone
No man to give her cover
She left at home two daughters
Forgot she is a mother

Now I, while growing, must learn how
To nurture and raise others.
The burden of my parent's choice
Made me a teenage mother

My life, chaotic, rarely bright
My soul is often smothered
I have no choice. I must press on
The duties of another

She hovers near, I suffocate
Her pattern starts to stutter.
I carry on, with strength of will
I, now, a teenage mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to share your opinion... however I can't promise that I will actually care about it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, Some people just shouldn't share theirs.