Saturday, October 2, 2010

Influences

I have learned through my life that the people you surround yourself with influence you life. Whether that influence is positive or negative depends on their character. I have 5 roommates and they are all wonderful to be around. Their characters I can see shaping me closer to the person that I want to become. This is a rare feeling for me.
Michelle is the matriarch. She shares a room with me, and is a constant reminder of the spiritual aspects of my life that need improvement. With her I am continuously surrounded by pictures of Prophets, temples, spiritual music, and the savior.

Aubry is the sweet, quiet personality. Apparently she has a dark side that we all sense because we picked her to be the criminal in a who-dun-it. She got more votes than anyone else in the apartment. She is also my history buddy.

Masae is out Japanese roommate. She goes to the Asian ward and is never home. Whenever we do see her she is always in a good mood.

Savannah is the wonderfully creative roommate who is constantly on the edge of passing out from exhaustion due to her school and work schedule. She is a lot of fun to be around... when she is coherent.

And then there is Lynnae, with whom I spend a large amount of time. She has the most life experience in common with me. She is the person who stays up with me really late and we just talk about life, boys, memories, and whatever happens to come into context. To make a long explanation short... I absolutely adore her.

Now as I continue to write about my day, I shall make numerous grammatical mistakes to drive Lynnae's nerd crazy. (P.S. I love you!)

today Was general conference? the talks were absolutely reallllly well. There were a few of them that struck home and made me think that God was lecturing me ever so slightly. Especially Elder Scott's comment "Be thankful that god lets you struggle for a long time before an answer comes". This made me cringe when I think about what is goin on in my life at the moment. This past week the same themes are reoccurring: patience.... not passing judgement... patience, faith, patience, patience.... and ummm, lets see.... patience?
Since God has made it so obvious that what I need to do is not do anything, i am not sure what to focus on in the meantime. School, church.... I need to start going to the temple every week again, and I found myself a gym buddy so that I feel like I am being active. (Thank you Kunkee!)
Until next time....

BON JOVI!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You are welcome to share your opinion... however I can't promise that I will actually care about it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, Some people just shouldn't share theirs.